Dedicated to family travel. This blog used to be about the "girls only" trips, but lately I've decided it'll do nicely for all our travel adventures whether lots of us are going or only one or two of us.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

It Shouldn't Be This Hard!

I need a slip and black shoes to go with the skirt I bought this summer. A black skirt that should pack nicely and is the only "dress" I'm bringing as I have a couple of shirts to dress it up with. So...I got a coupon in the mail from Penney's the other day. An additional 30% the sale price if I use my JCP card. I had to take C out to the west end for a party today so I stopped at JCP to pick them up. I didn't think it'd be busy because Kohl's is opening this weekend. But I guess people we're checking out both places because it was busy.

First stop, the slip. "Sorry, we don't carry slips in the store--only on line and in the catalog." GREAT. Then I was off to the shoe department. I couldn't get anyone to help me, but when I finally did I said, "I'm looking for a cute pump, low heal, wide width." "Sorry I have one pump, size 8. That's it." ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? Soooooo glad I didn't drive all the way to the west end for that loser of a trip.

I came home, went online and ordered 4 pair of shoes and one slip. I figured with 4 pair of shoes, one was bound to fit, and I'd return the other 3 to my local JCP so they could have 3 pairs of wide width shoes. Of course, I go through the whole ordering process only to be told that 2 of the shoes aren't available. Whatever. $55+ later I might have 2 pair of shoes and a slip coming to my house. Probably while I'm in AZ. They'll probably be stolen or rained on or something!!! :) One thing's for sure: if both pair of shoes fit, I'll probably keep them both!!!!

It really shouldn't be this hard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly have no clue what I'm bringing and not. I am almost deciding that it will just be worth the extra cost to take two suitcases so I won't be so stressed about trying to fit everything in and also I'll have room to bring stuff home for the fam!!!
SKS

Anonymous said...

I'm flying Delta and can still have 2 bags. I will probably use two small ones--because one big one might weigh too much. I don't know. Mostly I hate my same old clothes. How many cruises can I go on and wear the same ugly stuff over and over and over. I have a small duffle that I'm hoping to pack for stuff I want to bring home. I might just carry that on on the way home. SL