Dedicated to family travel. This blog used to be about the "girls only" trips, but lately I've decided it'll do nicely for all our travel adventures whether lots of us are going or only one or two of us.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cruise Nightmare

I have often joked that there are worse things than being stranded on a cruise ship.  In my fantasy there are plenty of drinks and lots of food, and it's sort of just some extra sea days--which are my favorites.  But this Carnival Triumph fiasco has me rethinking my fantasy.  No air, no drinks except warm bottled water, onion or ketchup sandwiches, and only a few working bathrooms would possibly put me off cruising forever.  Worse still, why couldn't they take them off a few at a time on smaller boats or helicopters?  In this day and age there are plenty of alternatives to people sitting on sewer-soaked carpets.  Ridiculous!!!!  I am more than willing to cruise again, but I doubt it will be on Carnival.  I have to think it could have been handled so much better. Shame on them.

1 comment:

Karen L said...

Heard on the news today that Carnival owns Royal Carribben, Cunard & others